The Chicago Invitation is evolving, changing, growing, learning, sharing…and always seeking to serve the RCA and our faith and theology. You signed an historic document that was part of all that. Today, we are about theology for the church today and to a lesser extent paying attention to the programs and policies of the RCA. We are neither the Synod of Dort nor the Justice League, never were.
Our next meeting will be on Wednesday, May 22 beginning at 2pm with worship and adjourning on Friday morning, May 24. We meet at the Mariandale Retreat Center in Ossining, New York. If you cannot come to the entire meeting, you are more than welcome to attend for whatever part you able to join us.
To make a reservation please email me at email@example.com as soon as possible so we may reserve enough space. The cost is $175 per person and includes lodging and meals.
Here are our tentative discussion topics and presenters
- General Synod: Purpose, Authority, Power, Legislature by Allan Janssen
- Synod Decisions Through the Years by Rett Zabriskie
- Evaluation & Accountability in the RCA organization by Jim Reid
- Interesting Observations about the RCA by Norm Kansfield
- General Synod 2013: proposals, plans, programs, and politics
- Synchronic Contingency: understanding divine freedom by Okke Postma
We also take time for worship each day and for informal fellowship for part of the value is the friendships and mutual care we share at our meetings.
So, right now, before you forget, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to make your reservation to attend the meeting; and if you have thoughts, concerns, ideas, that you would like on the agenda, please include them or call me at 520-344-9554…in Arizona where the sun every day, but it is on west coast time.
Moderator, Chicago Invitation